Volunteering with the Wissahickon Fire Company has many rewards - the satisfaction of helping others; making a real difference in your community; learning new skills; and forming new bonds and friendships with team members. But there are many other benefits provided, including:
- Personal Protective Equipment - All required PPE is provided free of charge.
- Free Training; National and State Certifications - All required training is provided free of charge.
- Free Uniforms - Dress and Station uniforms are provided free of charge (dress shirt and shoes excluded).
- Initial physical and Hepatitis Vaccinations
- Length of Service Award Program (LOSAP) - providing insurance and retirement money for active members.
- Accidental Death & Disability Insurance - provides insurance benefits in case of injury or death directly attributable to Company activities (Line of Duty Death).
- Life Insurance - providing additional insurance for active members.
- Police and Fire Federal Credit Union (PFFCU) Membership Eligibility
- Local Area Business Discounts - Several area merchants provide discounts to members of the fire company.
- Worker's Compensation - provides prescribed benefits in case of injury or death directly attributable to Company activities (Line of Duty Death).
- Employment Protection - Volunteers cannot be terminated from their regular employment because of tardiness or absences caused by the volunteer responding to a fire prior to the time they were supposed to report to work.
- Use of Facilities - Firefighter lounges, exercise equipment, banquet hall and social club.
- Social Events - The Company offers various social events to its members, including an Annual Banquet, Holiday Party, Rib Night, and others.
- Special License Plate - Members are eligible for a special PA license plate.
- Federal and State Line of Duty Death (LODD) Benefits - Federal and State death benefits; funeral expenses; children's PA college expenses.
Answer the Call! Stop by either Fire Station on a Monday night at 6:30 or Call us at 215-646-1266 for more information.